10 Bold has been updated to a High Definition MPEG4 channel with surround sound audio in capital cities around Australia.
What this means:
- If you have a modern television (less than approx. 5 years old) should not need to do anything. Your TV should automatically receive the new 10 BOLD service in HD.
- If you have an older televisions (up to approx. 9 years old), you may need to rescan your television to continue watching 10 BOLD in HD.
- If you have a very old televisions (over 9 years old), you may not be able to receive 10 BOLD after Thursday 23rd September. This is due to very old televisions not being equipped with MPEG4 capability.
Note: If you can receive 10 HD on LCN 1 or LCN 15 then you will also be able to receive 10 BOLD in HD on LCN 12.
If your TV is not compatible, the cheapest option to receive HD channels is to purchase a set-top box that is HD compatible. These can be found from around $30.
If you are watching 10 BOLD through the Foxtel cable network the following may be helpful:
- Foxtel cable subscribers with a modern Foxtel STB (IQ series) will continue to receive 10 BOLD as before but now in HD.
- Foxtel cable subscribers with a very old Foxtel STB will not be able to receive 10 BOLD after Thursday 23rd September unless they upgrade their STB to a IQ series STB.