You asked and we listened! Captions are now available on 10 play Live TV for web and some Telstra TV models.
To turn captions on for web you'll need to be watching Live TV on either 10, 10 Peach or 10 Bold. Once you've started live streaming, click the three vertical dots in the bottom right-hand corner of the video. A captions tab will then appear.
This will be turned off by default, to turn it on, simply click the tab and select English.
Telstra TV Users
Captions for Live TV can be activated and deactivated from the settings of your Roku device.
1. Press the home button on your Roku device
2. Scroll up or down and select Settings
3. To open the captions menu, select Accessibility. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
4. Select Captions mode and choose when captions appear.
- Off - captions never appear
- On - captions always appear (with content that has closed captions available).
- On replay - captions appear only after pressing the Replay button on your Roku remote (with content that supports instant replay).
- When mute - captions appear only when volume is muted. Note: this is not available on all Roku devices.
When captions are turned on or off during playback, the setting is retained for future programs.
Please note: Unfortunately, not all programs on 10 play have captions, however, we'll continue to add them to more programs and devices as they become available.
Apple TV Users
Captions for Live TV can be activated and deactivated by interacting with the touchpad on your remote and bringing up the information screen.
Once you have done this, move your focus to the CC icon and click it to either turn the captions ON or OFF (there is an indication that will tell you if they are ON or OFF).
The below devices will also allow you to watch Live TV on 10 play with captions as long as you have downloaded the latest version of the app:
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV